In any doctor’s office or surgery you’ll find a team of people who work together for the wellbeing of their patients. There may be a number of doctors, nurses, receptionists, bookkeepers and general workers. With this many people working in one building it makes life much easier when you have the appropriate catering equipment to ensure everyone is happy.
This is a list of catering equipment suitable for doctors’ offices.
- Coffee Machine. Having a coffee machine with a fresh brew of coffee ready in the mornings and throughout the day will make anyone happy. This is a great way for everyone to start their work day. Remember to get enough mugs for everyone.
- Anvil Urn. Keeping hot water ready is great for those people who prefer to have tea or hot chocolate instead of coffee. Cups and saucers would need to be at hand too.
- Commercial Refrigerator. Milk and certain lunch foods require a cold environment therefore it is necessary to have a refrigerator in the office kitchen for those who want to keep their food, salads, juice or cold drinks chilled.
- Microwave oven. No one likes to eat cold food. Having a microwave oven in the office kitchen makes it convenient for people to heat their food for lunch.
- Plate covers. Microwave safe plate covers are often not the first thing that is considered for an office kitchen. But if you want the microwave oven to remain clean and without food splashes on the inside then it is ideal to cover the plate of food with a plate cover. It’s easier to wash the plate cover than the entire inside of the microwave oven.
- Cutlery. This is a basic necessity in any kitchen. Teaspoons will be required for tea and coffee. Knives and forks are needed for those who bring food to work for lunch.
- Plates and side plates. These crockery items make it more convenient for people who bring food in their lunch tins. Having a plate at hand allows them to dish their food into the plate and enjoy their lunch comfortably.
- Commercial Dishwasher. At the end of the day, doctors, nurses and receptionists don’t want to wash the dishes. After each person has used their dish or cup, they can simply place it in the dishwasher. When the day is done, all that needs to be done is to switch on the dishwasher. The next day when you get to the office, the dishes will be clean and ready to be packed away for a new day.
Remember that any catering equipment you procure for your doctor’s office needs to be hard wearing and durable enough to withstand daily constant use by a number of people.